Follow our etiquette tips for a flawless look on your special day
- When wearing a two or three button tuxedo jacket, you should always leave the bottom button undone.
- The tips or flaps on a wing collar shirt should sit behind your bow tie, not on top of it.
- If you plan to remove your tuxedo jacket during the event, opt for a fullback vest. Its a much cleaner, well-dressed look when your coat is off.
- Allow your trouser color to dictate the color of your shoes and socks, which should always be the same or darker than your trousers.
- Cummerbunds are worn with the pleats facing up.
- A white dinner jacket is traditionally worn in the summer or in tropical climates in place of a black tuxedo.
- Tails can be worn for very formal occasions in your choice of color.
- For destination weddings, you can wear anything from a tuxedo, to a light colored suit, to linen pants and a white shirt with no shoes.